INNOVATIONS FOR BETTER LIVING
Cleantech scaleup aims to liberate the world from harmful energy
Solar used to be complicated and expensive. Erik Martinson, co-founder and CEO, and his team at Svea Solar set out to change that.
September 29, 2021
By providing an energy ecosystem powered by solar, they now empower people, businesses, and societies to live eco-friendly.
— At the core of our business is solar energy systems, but we wanted to take a more holistic approach and have added EV charging solutions, energy storage solutions, solar energy contracts, and our own app, which truly puts the control of their energy into our customers’ hands, Martinson tells.
How do you contribute to better living?
— We have built a business upon the fact that our energy consumption must be kind to the earth. Together with our customers, we are speeding up the power shift while slowing down climate change. The sun is an endless resource. We take advantage of it.
— Solar energy must be accessible for everyone. We are pushing the development in energy infrastructure, tech infrastructure, and the design of our products and services. Our newly launched partnership with IKEA on renewable energy is one very clear example of our dedication to accessibility. And, we are effectively creating a virtual power plant where all our customers are contributing sustainable energy.
The mentioned app allows Svea Solar’s customers to interact with their energy production and consumption in new ways. It also helps them to get more out of their solar cells and see when they produce the most to ultimately make better decisions on when to use the electricity.
— We recently celebrated the one-year anniversary of our expansion in Europe, and we are thrilled by the response of our customers in Spain, Germany, Belgium, and the Netherlands. We can only solve the climate crisis through expansive growth. It’s simple — we get bigger, the world gets better. I am looking forward to continuing to grow the positive impact on the environment we are having together with our customers all over Europe, Martinson concludes.
This is #17 on our list with 25 Innovations for better living from Scandinavian MIND Issue 2
1. Here’s the first furniture brand to publish their climate footprint
2. Unique Bio2 textile can make a change in our polluted world
3. Patented technology can turn the eyewear industry circular
4. Filtration technology saves you from hidden pollution at home
5. This Swedish collective launches line with skincare for objects
6. Powder to liquid wash can change personal care as we know it
7. This household product line cleans with all-natural sugar surfactants
8. Spinnova’s textile fibre might be the world’s most groundbreaking
9. Here’s how AI can be used to create your ultimate personal scent
10. Design brand Verk takes local production one — big — step further
11. CAKE is here to challenge the status quo for motorbikes
12. This solar cell can be powered by ordinary indoor light
13. Revolutionary reusable sanitary protection is about to hit the market
14. A green version of the super-material graphene transforms the industry
15. Groundbreaking recyling app teams up with the world’s leading brands
16. This Finnish eco-design brand’s toilet is made of wood
18. Post-consumer textiles and wood cellulose become new sustainable fibre
19. How charging members a small monthly fee challenges the linear retail industry
20. Private, well-designed zero distraction units can create better workplaces