INNOVATIONS FOR BETTER LIVING
This tool manages stress and lowers brain frequency through binaural sounds
The roots of the instrument are in a methodology that inventor and entrepreneur Allan Montan came across when working on a project treating children suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and those on the autism spectrum.
October 07, 2021
OMIT is inventor and entrepreneur Allan Montan’s new brand, and it is at the intersection of luxury, wellness, and experience, designing and manufacturing analogue tools for inner peace.
— Our first product is the OMIT instrument, a completely new tool for managing stress, he states. It does this by means of binaural sounds, an auditory illusion resulting from the interaction between two fundamental tones. Listening to them lowers brain frequency, producing a state of meditative relaxation. The technology, though already well known, has been significantly developed and given physical form over the past three years by an inter-disciplinary team of neurologists, stress researchers, artists, and instrument builders.
The roots of the instrument are in a methodology Montan came across many years ago when working on a project treating children suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and those on the autism spectrum.
— It uses specially equipped rooms for controlling sensory stimulation, aimed at providing therapeutic relaxation to its users. I marvelled at the profound impact the treatment had not only on the children that were the subjects of the study but also on the individuals running it. This led me to the idea of offering tools for recovery and calm to healthy adults, subject to the ever-increasing stresses of life and work.
What’s next for you?
— We are still in the very early stages of introducing the instrument and our brand around the world, both the products themselves as well as experiences that include them, which we are developing together with partners in hospitality and wellness. As you might expect, this is a deliberate, methodical process, since we value sustainable habits over stress and consumption.
This is #21 on our list with 25 Innovations for better living from Scandinavian MIND Issue 2
1. Here’s the first furniture brand to publish their climate footprint
2. Unique Bio2 textile can make a change in our polluted world
3. Patented technology can turn the eyewear industry circular
4. Filtration technology saves you from hidden pollution at home
5. This Swedish collective launches line with skincare for objects
6. Powder to liquid wash can change personal care as we know it
7. This household product line cleans with all-natural sugar surfactants
8. Spinnova’s textile fibre might be the world’s most groundbreaking
9. Here’s how AI can be used to create your ultimate personal scent
10. Design brand Verk takes local production one — big — step further
11. CAKE is here to challenge the status quo for motorbikes
12. This solar cell can be powered by ordinary indoor light
13. Revolutionary reusable sanitary protection is about to hit the market
14. A green version of the super-material graphene transforms the industry
15. Groundbreaking recyling app teams up with the world’s leading brands
16. This Finnish eco-design brand’s toilet is made of wood
17. Cleantech scaleup aims to liberate the world from harmful energy
18. Post-consumer textiles and wood cellulose become new sustainable fibre
19. How charging members a small monthly fee challenges the linear retail industry
20. Private, well-designed zero distraction units can create better workplaces