INNOVATIONS FOR BETTER LIVING
Sleek face mask permanently protects the outside skin fabric from bacteria
”The user can feel confident that the mask after a day of use will remain fresh and clean of noted viruses,” says Nick Brosnan, global marketing coordinator, Polygiene.
October 07, 2021
Founded in 2015 to combat climate change’s impact on human health, fast-growing face mask company Airinum has introduced The Lite Air Mask to the market. Not only is it sleek and filters out both pollution and particles — down to the size of 0.3μm — but it is also treated with Polygiene. The Swedish fabric treatment is a world-leading provider of odour control technology that permanently protects the outside skin fabric from bacteria and other germs.
— The benefit of having a treatment like this with a face mask is two-fold: The user can feel confident that the mask after a day of use will remain fresh and clean of noted viruses. After wearing the mask, it can then be stored or air dried, and this wearability can continue again, and again, and so on. Additionally, after understanding that you can wear this mask many times over, the user is also doing something on an environmental level and keeping single-use masks out of the landfills. That, as many of us are aware by seeing all the PPE that is seen littered on our streets and beaches, is a real issue facing us today, says Nick Brosnan, global marketing coordinator, Polygiene.
How does the mask contribute to better living?
— Filtering out dangerous particles in the air you breathe will provide your lungs with clean and healthy air no matter your surroundings. Breathing clean air has many health benefits and will give you a better quality of life, says Maria Ahnlund, PR Manager, Airinum.
This is #24 on our list with 25 Innovations for better living from Scandinavian MIND Issue 2
1. Here’s the first furniture brand to publish their climate footprint
2. Unique Bio2 textile can make a change in our polluted world
3. Patented technology can turn the eyewear industry circular
4. Filtration technology saves you from hidden pollution at home
5. This Swedish collective launches line with skincare for objects
6. Powder to liquid wash can change personal care as we know it
7. This household product line cleans with all-natural sugar surfactants
8. Spinnova’s textile fibre might be the world’s most groundbreaking
9. Here’s how AI can be used to create your ultimate personal scent
10. Design brand Verk takes local production one — big — step further
11. CAKE is here to challenge the status quo for motorbikes
12. This solar cell can be powered by ordinary indoor light
13. Revolutionary reusable sanitary protection is about to hit the market
14. A green version of the super-material graphene transforms the industry
15. Groundbreaking recyling app teams up with the world’s leading brands
16. This Finnish eco-design brand’s toilet is made of wood
17. Cleantech scaleup aims to liberate the world from harmful energy
18. Post-consumer textiles and wood cellulose become new sustainable fibre
19. How charging members a small monthly fee challenges the linear retail industry
20. Private, well-designed zero distraction units can create better workplaces